The Health Matching Account (HMA®) is a non-qualified, medical benefit savings account that pays for your out-of-pocket, medical expenses that your health insurance and Medicare does not cover. You can access your HMA® account benefits at your medical providers by swiping your HMA® Medical Reimbursement Visa® Prepaid Card to pay for your out-of-pocket, medical expenses.
Any purchases at grocery store pharmacies or for other qualifying HMA® medical services can also be covered on a mail-in reimbursement basis by completing the HMA® Reimbursement Form located in the Resources section of your HMA® member account portal and submitting an original, itemized receipt within 30 days of the procedure. In addition, HMA® accounts are also eligible to be used to pay for elective procedures (with MD surgeons only) such as plastic surgery, lasik, dental and fertility procedures. These medical expenses can also be covered if need be on a mail-in reimbursement basis when you submit an original, itemized receipt within 30 days of the procedure.
The medical services listed below can be paid for by swiping your HMA® Medical Reimbursement Visa® Prepaid Card at the point-of-service and covers a vast majority of qualifying, 213 (d) medical expenses.
HMA® Medical Reimbursement Visa® Prepaid Card List Of Covered Services
- Elective Procedures (Lasik, Plastic Surgery, etc. With MD Surgeons Only)
- Ambulance Services
- Laboratory/Medical/Dental/Ophthalmic Hospital Equipment And Supplies
- Dentists, Orthodontists
- Osteopathic Physicians
- Chiropractors (subject to limitations)
- Optometrists, Ophthalmologists
- Opticians, Optical Goods, and Eyeglasses
- Chiropodists, Podiatrists
- Medical and Dental Laboratories
- Medical Services and Health Practitioners not elsewhere classified
- Drug Stores, Pharmacies (no sundries/mail-in reimbursement only on grocery store pharmacy purchases)
- Hearing Aid – Sales, Service, Supply Stores
- Orthopedic Goods – Prosthetic Devices
- Optical Goods and Eyeglasses
- Counseling Service – Debt, Marriage, Personal
The HMA® is not Health Insurance.
The HMA® Medical Reimbursement Visa® Prepaid Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license from the Visa®
U.S.A Inc. The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC. Card may not be used everywhere Visa® debit cards are accepted.
See Cardholder Agreement for list of eligible goods, services and merchants.