The HMA® Medical Benefits Account is a non-qualified, medical benefit savings account that pays for first-dollar medical expenses, much like an HSA, but offering far superior incentives. You can use your HMA® benefits at the point of service by swiping your HMA® Medical Claims Visa® Prepaid Card to pay for your out-of-pocket, medical expenses.
Any purchases at grocery store pharmacies can be covered on a mail-in reimbursement basis by completing the HMA Reimbursement Claim Form located in the Resources section of your HMA member account portal and submitting an original, itemized receipt within 30 days of the procedure.
The HMA® Medical Claims Visa® Prepaid Card can be used and swiped at the point of sale to pay for the following medical services up to the HMA® owner’s account balance at the time of their claims. In addition, HMA® accounts are also eligible to be used to pay for elective procedures (with MD surgeons only) such as plastic surgery, lasik and fertility procedures. These medical expenses will be covered on a mail-in reimbursement basis when you submit an original, itemized receipt within 30 days of the procedure.
The medical services listed below can be paid for by swiping your HMA® Medical Claims Visa® Prepaid Card at the point-of-service and cover a vast majority of qualifying, 213 (d) medical expenses.
HMA® Medical Claims Visa® Prepaid Card List Of Covered Services
- Ambulance Services
- Laboratory/Medical/Dental/Ophthalmic Hospital Equipment And Supplies
- Doctors not elsewhere classified
- Dentists, Orthodontists
- Osteopathic Physicians
- Optometrists, Ophthalmologists
- Opticians, Optical Goods, and Eyeglasses
- Chiropodists, Podiatrists
- Medical and Dental Laboratories
- Medical Services and Health Practitioners not elsewhere classified
- Drug Stores, Pharmacies (no sundries/mail-in reimbursement only on grocery store pharmacy purchases)
- Hearing Aid – Sales, Service, Supply Stores
- Orthopedic Goods – Prosthetic Devices
- Optical Goods and Eyeglasses
- Counseling Service – Debt, Marriage, Personal
The HMA® is not Health Insurance.
The HMA® Medical Claims Visa® Prepaid Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license from the Visa®
U.S.A Inc. The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC. Card may not be used everywhere Visa® debit cards are accepted.
See Cardholder Agreement for list of eligible goods, services and merchants.