1) The HMA® Is A Better Value Than Medicare Supplemental Products
- No underwriting or unexpected annual rate increases: HMA® monthly contribution rates are fixed
- More Flexibility: The HMA® can be used for ANY 213(d) and MD medical expense. This includes everything covered by Medicare Supplemental plans including copays, coinsurance and deductibles as well as dental, vision and pharmacy expenses and elective procedures (with MD surgeons only) for dental, vision, plastic surgery and many others that Medicare plans will not cover
- Find The HMA® Plan That Fits Your Budget: You choose the amount you want to contribute each month into the plan from one of our 11 different monthly contribution options that can fit into any family’s monthly finances
- Real Healthcare Savings Because The Monthly Crediting Rate Of The HMA® Is Guaranteed: Your medical benefits account will grow on average $2 for every $1 that you contribute on a monthly basis into your account as the program progresses and will provide you with more healthcare purchasing power than ever before
- Empower Yourself Not The Insurance Companies: WHY LEASE YOUR MEDICAL BENEFITS WHEN YOU CAN OWN THEM INSTEAD? Your unused HMA® medical benefits that you receive each month will carry over each year as your account builds until YOU decide how you wish to use them
- Better Benefits And Flexibility Than The HSA: Unlike the Health Savings Account (HSA), the HMA® does not need to be paired with a high deductible health plan, has annual contribution options for individuals that are more than twice what the annual limits are for the HSA, will cover any MD elective procedure AND you can also continue to contribute towards your HMA® after age 65 if you are on a Medicare Advantage plan
2) The HMA® Is Your Ideal Dental And Vision Plan To Pair With Medicare
- Overcome The Limitations With Medicare Dental And Vision Coverage: Dental care is not seen as medically necessary by Medicare. Standard Medicare generally does not cover dental, but Part A may help with certain dental service in the hospital. Vision care is also not seen as medically necessary. Standard Medicare does not cover eye exams, eyeglasses or other related vision services. Medicare Part B may cover some things for vision including preventive or diagnostic eye exams, including glaucoma tests, cataract surgery and prescription lenses or eyeglasses in certain situations. Meanwhile, the HMA® will cover all of your dental and vision needs at your dentist (DDS) and optometrist (OD)
- Avoid Overpriced And Limited Dental And Vision Plans: While the HMA® continues to build benefits at an increasing rate each month, many dental and vision plans contain very limited benefits in general or for certain important dental and vision procedures HMA® monthly contributions are fixed at the level of the client’s choosing while many dental and vision plans are overpriced to begin with for the benefits offered and have the potential to increase in cost each year based on what the insurance company decides
- Earn Access To Any Elective Procedure You Need: Most dental and vision plans will not cover elective surgeries like veneers and lasik while the HMA® covers ALL MD, dentist (DDS) and optometrist (OD) elective procedures
3) The HMA® Benefits Are Easier To Use Than Any Other Alternative
- Avoid The Insurance Claim Filing Headaches: The HMA® allows you to steer clear of the hassle of the claim filing process that can take months to settle
- Instant Payments: Take matters into your own hands with your own HMA® Medical Reimbursement Visa® Prepaid Card and resolve your payment immediately on the spot by swiping your HMA® card at your service provider
Fill The Holes In Your Medicare With The HMA® Medical Benefits Account (12 min)
The HMA® is not Health Insurance.
The HMA® Medical Reimbursement Visa® Prepaid Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license from the Visa®
U.S.A Inc. The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC. Card may not be used everywhere Visa® debit cards are accepted.
See Cardholder Agreement for list of eligible goods, services and merchants.