HIPAA Privacy Is Our Priority
Health Matching Account Services, Inc. (HMAS®) knows how important your privacy is to you, and it is very important to us as well. Regardless if you are a current customer or just visiting our website, we are committed to doing all we can to protect the information you provide.
HMAS® values your relationship with us, and we want you to fully understand our privacy objectives. This includes how and why we collect, use and disclose the personal information that you provide to us. If you are a customer of HMA® Services, you have also received the HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices that describes HMAS®‘ use and disclosure of your “protected health information” under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”).
If you are not yet a customer, but are supplying any information via our website, any personal health information you supply to us is protected pursuant to and subject to HIPAA. This Website Privacy Statement supplements the HMAS® HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices.
At HMA® Services, it is our policy to comply with the rules and regulations of HIPAA. Through our Service Agreements, and our Business Associate Agreements (BAA) with a Covered Entity or other business associate (as set forth under HIPAA), we give contractual guarantees that we will use Protected Health Information (PHI) that we are granted access to only for the purposes for which we have been contracted.
We will safeguard the information from misuse and will help our clients and/or Covered Entity comply with their obligations under the HIPAA rules. If the Covered Entity does not have a BAA of their own, we will provide one as an addendum to our Service Agreement. If required by the Covered Entity, we will make the necessary changes to our Service Agreement and/or our BAA to ensure our HIPAA compliance meets all of our client’s needs.
HMA® Services, in receiving or working with Protected Health Information (PHI), ensures that HMAS® will provide the following:
- Comply with the rules and regulations concerning the privacy and security of PHI under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Require the utilization of a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) in the event that confidential information will be disclosed. This agreement may be provided by HMAS® upon request
- Not use or disclose any PHI except in the course of meeting our contractual obligations or as required by law
- Ensure that agents or subcontractors working on our behalf agree to the same restrictions
- Protect against any non-permitted use or disclosure of PHI using no less than a reasonable amount of care
- Report any non-compliance of which we become aware
- At the request and direction of the customer and if feasible, make available PHI in accordance within the requirements of HIPAA
- Upon reasonable notice and during normal business hours, allow the Secretary of the United States Department of Health and Human Services the right to audit our records and practices related to the use and disclosure of PHI to ensure compliance
- Upon termination of contract or upon request, if feasible, return or destroy all PHI received or created as a result of any contract and retain no copies
- Have named a HIPAA Security Official who creates, maintains and trains regarding our HIPAA policies and procedures
- Have established that all employees with access to PHI receive training on our policies and procedures according to HIPAA mandates
As always, we take HIPAA very seriously and implore secured standards to safeguard and protect PHI.
Health Matching Accounts Are Proprietary And Patent Protected
Any copying or use of the information contained in this website and Health Matching Account Services, Inc. products is strictly prohibited and is for the use of HMA® Services only. If you have any questions regarding HMAS® and our privacy policies, please contact us.